Thursday, November 02, 2006

dressing & relationship

Maybe it's because I'm currently in a relationship right now, maybe its just a coincidence that this change happened when I'm in a relationship, all along this change was waiting to happen. Anyway, I've realised that my way of dressing has changed eversince I started to date my bf.

I've become more daring in my dress sense, I dare to show some skin and wear things that I've never thought I would wear or would have covered up, things like halter tops, camisoles, short skirts, shorts. I've tried out more interesting ways to layer my clothers like, boatneck or scoopnecks over halters and spag straps, shirts over tees (very preppy), short-sleeved tees over long-sleeved tees.

Now, I'm wondering what brought this change. Is it because of him? If it is then to what extent is this change his changing me, or my own change? I dont want to lose my individuality, my sense of self. Am I dressing for him or myself? Am i repressing my own sense of style to cater to his? Or is it a amalgamation of both?

I think he is catalyst for this change. Definitely, he has influenced my way of dressing. He likes me to flaunt my assets, to pretty up. He likes me in halters and short skirts. Yet, there is something that he brings up in me. He makes me more body-confident. He makes me want to dress up.

I want to look good because there is someone to look good for. From him, I learn how to dress to flatter my figure. I learn the importance of looks and how to enhance it. (Heh, I'm fortunate to have bf that encourages me fashion/style-wise.) Yet, there are also my own touches to the changes.

In a way, the change was just waiting to happen. This is the year when I'm more conscious of dressing up. I've been reading fashion blogs and mags and these help shape my fashion sense. The layering are all my own ideas and my like of the preppy look is distinct from him (which is more beach/surf style). So I think I can safely say that my bf has catalysed this change, but the change comes from myself and my current style is somewhat an amalgamation of both of us, I take what suggestions of his that I like and make it mine.

No comments: